Self-employed people get unemployment benefit 2 (Hartz 4) more easily in the Corona crisis. How much ALG 2 you are entitled to and what you need to know about the application process.
- Self-employed workers are eligible for ALG 2
- Wealth test for Hartz 4 simplified
- What is "substantial assets"??
- High rent – do I have to move out for ALG 2?
- How long do I get ALG2?
- If the income continues to fall: Additional payment possible
- Do I have to deregister my business for Hartz 4??
- How are losses treated for ALG 2?
- How much is ALG 2 for the self-employed??
- Do health insurance contributions count as a requirement??
- How is the chargeable income determined?
- What is with profit "zero" or losses?
- Apply for unemployment benefit 2 online
In March 2020, even before the Corona crisis, already 69.000 self-employed people receive unemployment benefit 2, or ALG 2 for short. In most cases, they received so-called "supplementary unemployment benefit 2". They therefore continued to have income from self-employment, which, however, was not sufficient to cover their living expenses. In addition, they received ALG 2.
In the current crisis, ten times as many self-employed people may be entitled to it. The federal government has significantly simplified access to this benefit.