Nowadays, many people suffer from an unexpected loss of important data, especially photos are affected. Since your photos can be some of the most important content, you should know how to use a Perform lost image recovery can. But for this you should first know what can cause loss of data on a hard drive. In this post we will show you just that. We will also show you a solution to the Hard disk photo recovery introduce.
Part 1: Download Recoverit for free
If you are looking for a secure and reliable way to Hard disk photo recovery search, try Recoverit. As the name suggests, the application was developed by Wondershare and provides users with a complete data recovery solution.
Recoverit – the versatile photo recovery program
- The tool can recover hard drive photos under different scenarios z. B. After a virus attack, if the drive is damaged, if a partition is lost, after resizing, if access is lost, etc.
- There can be photos of all common formats how to recover JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, PSD, TIFF and many more. It can also lose videos, audio formats, files, etc. Recoverit.
- You can perform photo recovery on both hard drives and SSD hard drives. What’s more, it supports photo recovery on all types File systems such as FAT, NTFS, HFS, APFS etc.
- You can perform photo recovery on both internal and external hard drive or any other connected data source such as an SD card, USB flash drive and many others perform recovery on devices .
- The application allows quick and efficient photo recovery and supports various Recovery modes (standard and depth scan).
- It allows Preview of recoverable photos, so you can selectively restore them.
Part 2: Recovering photos from a hard drive
1. Video tutorial on how to recover hard drive photos
Recoverit has an impressive recovery rate of 96 percent, one of the highest in the industry. Watch the video below to learn how easy it is to recover photos from a hard drive.
2. How to recover photos from your hard drive
You can download the software for Windows or Mac. To recover a lost image using Recoverit just follow these simple instructions.
- Select a recovery mode
First launch the application Recoverit on your Windows PC. You can select a recovery mode from the main menu to proceed. For example, you can save data from an internal drive, recycle bin, lost partition, etc. recover. In this case, select the "Recover deleted data" option.
If you want to recover photos from an external drive, select the "Choose location" option. Also, make sure that the external hard drive has been connected to the computer system beforehand.
Now you just need to select the location where you want to perform lost image recovery. Select the hard disk and click the "Start" button to begin the process.
1 Sit back and wait for a while as the photo recovery software will start scanning the selected location. Just make sure that the application is not closed during the process.
2 If you are not satisfied with the results of a normal scan, click on the option" instead Deep scan ". This process will take more time, but will give better results.
Once the scan is complete, you will be notified of. Now you can view the recovered photos through the user interface. Select the ones you want and click the "Recover" button to retrieve them.
It is recommended to recover them in a safe place. For example, if your hard drive is damaged, restore it to another safe location instead.
Part 3: How to store photos on hard disks?
With the support of Recoverit you can perform lost picture recovery like a pro. However, if you want to learn more about hard drive photo recovery, you first need to know how data is stored on a hard drive.
1. Common types of hard drives
There are different types of hard drives. They can be categorized by connection and encoding type, for example.
Based on the connection
- Internal hard disks: an internal hard disk is the one that is internally connected to a system and is used as the primary storage location.
- External hard drives: As the name suggests, it is usually connected externally to a system via a USB cable. It is often used to expand the storage space of a system or to make a data backup.
Based on the design
- Hard disk drives (HDD): HDDs consist of several magnetic disks mounted on top of each other with a read / write head. They are cheaper, but also slower.
- Solid-state drives (SSD): Instead of magnetic disks, flash chips (like in a USB flash drive) are used here. They are more expensive, but they are also much faster to perform.
Based on the encoding
- Most HDDs use RLL (Run Length Limited), but the encoding method may vary.
- The encoding method can be Serial ATA, RAID, Serial Attached SCSI, PATA (Parallel Advanced Technology Attachment), etc. be.
Based on the file system
- The way hard drives store data can also vary.
- Some common file systems are FAT, ExFAT, NTFS, HFS, APFS, etc.
- This also depends heavily on the operating system.
2. How hard drives work?
The operating principle of a hard disk varies depending on its structure. An SSD, for example, consists of various flash memory units. When we try to write data to an SSD, they are assigned a specific location and later extracted.
However, HDDs (hard disk drives) are very different from SSDs. Since they are quite cheap, they are mostly used as the main storage unit in computers. A hard disk consists of different magnetic disks mounted on top of each other. The data is not stored randomly, but in a clear way.
Each disk is divided into different concentric tracks and equal sectors. Where they overlap, clusters are created. The data is written to these clusters for easier retrieval.
3. How are photos stored on hard drives?
With an SSD, photos are usually stored in a simple linear format. However, in HDDs photos are stored in the data clusters. The disk has a read and a write head. When saving a photo, the write head encodes the data on the disk as it rotates.
As soon as the actual data are written to the hard disk, their position is stored in a memory table. When we try to access the image, the computer first looks in its memory table so that the read head knows where the data is stored.
Part 4: How to lose photos from your hard drive?
At the Hard disk photo recovery you may find that your photos have become damaged or inaccessible in various ways. Before performing a lost image recovery, first try to diagnose the problem.
Here are some common reasons why photos get lost or become inaccessible.
Part 5: Why can the photos on the hard drive be recovered??
After you have familiarized yourself with hard drives and file systems, you need to ask yourself the following question: How does photo recovery work for a hard drive? To understand this, think about how data is stored on a hard drive.
As mentioned above, data is not accessed directly through physical memory. There is a logical address table where the physical locations of the data is stored. During processing, the system first accesses the storage location via a virtual memory table. This way the computer can know where to look for data on the hard drive.
If data is lost, deleted or becomes inaccessible, it is not immediately erased from the hard drive. Instead, the corresponding entry in the logical address table is accessed. This indicates to the system that the location in question can now be overwritten, while the data stored there is retained for the time being.
Therefore, if you act quickly, you can easily recover this data with a photo recovery program. Here you can Recoverit help. It will scan your hard drive extensively and retrieve any data that may not be in the logical table, but can still be retrieved.
By following this guide, you can easily learn how to work with Recoverit carry out the recovery of lost images. It is the best photo recovery tool for Windows and Mac. Since the application supports all types of file systems and disk types, it is helpful in various scenarios. It doesn’t matter if you lost your photos on an internal or external hard drive (NTFS or APFS). With Recoverit, you can recover your lost data in no time, without any unwanted problems.