Badoo is a global trend when it comes to meeting people online. It is not a classic dating site, but a place where you can find interesting people from different places around the world.
The goal is to talk to people you’ve never met before, but who knows? You might stumble across someone you already know. Badoo matches you with people who are nearby, so anything is possible.
However, there is no option on Badoo to search directly for someone by name. This article explores other ways to find people on Badoo.
Here’s how to search for people on Badoo
Unfortunately, there is no way to search for people on Badoo by their full name. It also doesn’t help to know their email address, social media account name, or even phone number.
Knowing that there are more than 423 000 000 registered accounts on Badoo is not encouraging if you want to find a specific person. Fortunately, you can use the People Nearby feature, which will show you all Badoo users near you.
Here’s how to use People Nearby on Badoo
You can use Badoo through your web browser or download the app from the Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store. After the free registration you can get into the dating app. The People Nearby feature is at the top of your screen if you’re in your browser, or at the bottom left if you’re using the phone app.
This feature is designed differently in the browser and the app. This allows you to navigate to people nearby to narrow down your search:
Using the Badoo mobile app:
- Once you’re on the People Nearby screen, tap the icon in the upper right corner.
- You can change your location at the top of the screen.
- By default, it shows all the people near you.
- You can enter the name of any city you prefer.
- You can also choose the gender of the people you want to find – you can choose men, girls or both.
- There is also the option to filter people by activity, regardless of whether you want all users, only online users or only new users.
- Finally, people are sorted by age and you can select any age group from 18 to 80 and above. Everyone on Badoo must be of legal age to use it.
- Tap the check mark in the upper right corner to confirm the changes.
Use of the Badoo website:
- If you open the People nearby tab in your browser, all these different search parameters will appear at the top of your screen.
- On the left side you can define the reason why you use Badoo: to meet new friends, just to chat or you hope to find someone to date.
- In the middle you can select who you want to get in touch with. Here, too, the options are guys, girls or both.
- Below the gender you want, you can select the age range from 18 to 80+.
- On the right, you can select your desired location. They can designate a specific city or just the country of origin. After you select the city, you will see a wheel at the bottom that determines how far people can be from you. It ranges from the whole city to the whole country, with different kilometers in between.
- Select Update results once you have everything set up.
After you have all the details worked out, you can start searching. The list of people near you on Badoo seems endless, but you should know that people near your current location are prioritized.
If you are persistent, you can rummage through the list and spot a familiar face. Most users don’t use their last name in this app, but some give their first name and the first letter of their last name. Remember that many people use fake names or pseudonyms.
Some users link their Instagram or Facebook accounts to their Badoo profiles. This can be used to confirm that you have found the right person.
That’s all Badoo has to offer for finding someone by name. But also worth mentioning is the lookalike feature Badoo added some time ago. If you go to a person’s profile, you can see their doppelganger and possibly find the person you are looking for.