Your PC is cluttered with old programs and has become really slow as a result? Or much worse, you’ve caught a virus and now you want to reboot your PC?
Get rid of old burdens and give your PC or laptop a second springtime. We show you how.
Reset Windows 10
Here are two ways to reboot your PC:
- Reinstalling Windows 10 using a DVD or bootable USB stick
- About Windows 10 System Recovery
Checklist: What to consider when rebooting your PC?
If you are going to reinstall your PC, you should first make a thorough backup of all personal data, mails and browsing history. An overview of all the required programs also helps to get the PC up and running again quickly after the reinstallation.
Use the following checklist to make sure you have thought of everything:
- Create backup of personal data
- Save passwords
- Save game saves
- Back up e-mails
- Backup favorites in browser (export bookmarks)
- Create a list of all currently installed programs
- Download drivers (graphics card, printer, etc.)
- Read out or search for activation keys
Instructions: Re-installing a PC using Windows System Restore
- Follow the path Start> Settings> Update and Security> Restore. Then click under "Reset this PC" the option "Let’s go".
- Afterwards you will be asked if you want to "Keep my files" or if you want to completely rebuild the PC: "Remove everything".
- In the next step, you can specify whether you want to just delete the files (the faster option) or completely clean up the drive (the slower, but safer option).
Tip: Even if it takes longer, we recommend you to clean the drive completely.
- Start resetting the PC.
- After a few minutes the installation is finished. After that you have to adjust Windows 10 to your needs before the first use. Here you can use the express settings – especially popular with inexperienced users. We recommend you to use the custom configuration.
- In the next step set your username as well as a secure password.
- Click on "Next" to complete the installation process.
Conclusion to the PC reset
Are you struggling with your computer – be it due to a virus o.a. – or if you simply want to rebuild your computer, you can do this in just a few steps using Windows System Restore
If you have treated yourself to a new hard disk, for example an upgrade to an SSD hard disk, a new installation using a DVD or bootable USB stick is suitable.
Contact us now free of charge and without obligation – our team of experts will be happy to help you at any time.
You can reach us by phone Monday – Friday from 08:30 to 17:00 or 24/7 conveniently by mail or via our contact form.