Sebastian Werner, 27.01.2022, 08:52
3 min Reading time
The simultaneous use of different devices invites to share the Netflix account. When this is allowed and how it works, you can read here.
Sharing your Netflix account with family or friends* seems to be common practice, and not just in Germany. We explain with which subscriptions this is possible at all and what you have to keep in mind. These are the available subscriptions at a glance:
- Netflix’s basic subscription costs €7.99 per month. So you can see the entire series and film offer of the provider on a device in SD quality.
- The standard subscription costs €12.99 per month. This allows you to view the entire range of series and films on two devices Stream in HD quality at the same time.
- The premium subscription costs monthly 17.99 €. It offers you the entire series and movie offer On four devices in HD and Ultra HD quality, if available.
If you have a standard or premium subscription, you can use the service with different profiles on several devices at the same time. But there are a few points to keep in mind.
Netflix account sharing: What is the legal situation?
In the terms and conditions of the provider is the note that sharing an account exclusively in a private setting is allowed. So you can safely share your account with other family members, as long as they are aware of in the same household are. This also applies to apartment-sharing, so you can also share the streaming service with your roommates.
Netflix is constantly increasing its offer with blockbusters and exclusive in-house productions. These highlights await you in 2022:
Share Netflix account: How it works
- To share your existing Netflix account, you will need to share your login information (email and password) with the person of your choice.
- If you don’t want to do this, you can log in once with your Netflix account on your friend’s or family member’s device. The access data is then stored on the device and does not have to be entered again.
- Each user should create his or her own profile so you don’t have to dig through everyone else’s preferences later on.
- To do this, go to "Account" within Netflix and select there in the area "My profile" the option "Manage profiles. To avoid confusion, you should give each profile a unique name.
You need this bandwidth
If several people in the same household are watching Netflix at the same time, the Internet line has to be fast enough for this. To stream in HD you need at least a bandwidth of 5 MBit/s. To watch Netflix in Ultra HD, you should have 25 Mbit per second. For example, if four people are streaming at the same time in UHD resolution, you will need a speed of 100 MBit/s.
Set up Netflix parental controls
Netflix’s kid-friendly offerings are also growing and growing. If you share your Netflix account, for example, with your children, you can set parental controls for their profile. With the new PIN function introduced in spring 2020, parents now have even more options for selecting and controlling the content available to their offspring. Read more in this article.
2000 series quiz: How well do you know the ’00s decade??
Did you like this article? Discuss recent movie releases, your favorite series, and movies you’ve been eagerly waiting for on Instagram and Facebook. Also like to follow us on Flipboard and Google News.
News and Stories
Even before the start of the second season, fans are looking eagerly to the future of "Sweet Magnolias". Will the drama series return for a third season?
Whether series marathon, relaxed evening entertainment or new trends – Netflix offers a promising selection of terrific series to accompany you through the year 2022.
After almost two years of waiting, the launch of "Sweet Magnolias" season 2 is imminent. What happens next?
Netflix has a huge range of series and movies, and it’s getting bigger every day. The in-house charts offer an orientation aid.