If your account was unexpectedly reset to level 1 and you are missing purchases and progress, your console account was probably disconnected from your Epic Games account.
How could this happen?
All of your save data is on your Epic account, not your linked console account. If your console account has been disconnected from your Epic account, there will be no Epic account available the next time you play on your console. Therefore the game will ask you to log in or create a new account. If you don’t sign in, a new Epic account will be created with no data so you can play. Simply reconnect your console account to your Epic account to fix the issue.
There are a few steps necessary to relink your console account and fix the problem:
- log in to your console account and register your Epic Games account.
- Confirm your email address.
- Disconnect your console account from the account without data.
- Connect/link your console account to the Epic Games account you want to use.
Log in to your console account and register your Epic Games account.
First you need to register your account, so you can then disconnect the console account from the newly created Epic account.
- Perform this step using your desktop PC: Go to Epicgames.com and make sure that you logged off is.
- Click on LOGIN (or the silhouette symbol) – sign in not to. Select the console on which you play the Epic Games title.
- Click on the icon of the console you want to link to the Epic Games account.
You will be prompted to register after you sign up.
- Register your Epic account and fill in all required fields. Click on SAVE CHANGES.
Confirm your e-mail address.
Once you have registered your account, an email will be sent to the email address you provided to confirm it.
Click on the confirmation email CONFIRM YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS or copy the link into your browser window to access the page. You then receive a confirmation that your e-mail address has been confirmed.
Disconnect your console account from the account without data.
When your email address has been confirmed, you will be able to access your console account from the registered Epic account disconnect. Then you can connect your console account to the Epic account where your game data resides.
- Go to your RELATED ACCOUNTS page for it.
- Click on the console account you wish to disconnect JOIN.
Connect/link your console account to your desired Epic account.
If you disconnect the console account, you can reconnect it to the Epic account where your game data resides.
- Select your username from the menu bar. Click on the drop-down menu LOG OFF.
- Stay on the Epic Games website and click on REGISTER (or the silhouette icon).
- Select the login option for the console account you just disconnected and click on Log in. You will land on the following screen:
- Choose Connect to an existing account.
- Use the email address and password of the Epic account you wish to connect to your console account to log in REGISTER.
Your registered Epic account is now reconnected to your console account. The next time you start the game you should be able to see all your progress and purchases again. Have fun!