Women know the problem: an important event, a date or a party with friends is coming up and you want to quickly paint your nails.
In such cases good tricks are needed let the varnish dry quickly, so that no slip-ups occur. But how does it work? What makes the paint cure faster? Into the cold water hold, wag, blow dry or blow? We reveal the eight best tips to help you dry your nail polish quickly.
Tip 1: Hairspray
What may sound like a somewhat strange trick at first, actually works: Hairspray helps to dry nail polish quickly.
How it works exactly? Quite simply:
- Step 1: Apply your favorite color as usual.
- Step 2: Afterwards you reach for the hairspray and spray it on your freshly painted nails. For this you should hold it about 30 centimeters away.
Use a product with a high alcohol content. This is because it causes the moisture to be drawn out of the paint, making it dries immediately.
However, this method should not be used too often, because the spray dries out not only the paint, but also the skin. A moisturizing hand cream is therefore obligatory afterwards.
By the way, if you notice that your fingernails are wavy, this can be an indication of iron deficiency. You can learn all about ➤ causes and symptoms of iron deficiency here.
Tip 2: Ice water
You would not have thought of dipping the freshly painted nails in cold water? No wonder, after all, this trick sounds a bit unusual at first. But it works to make nails usable faster after painting them. Just follow these steps:
- Step 1: Pinsele off and wait ca. 30 seconds from.
- Step 2: Then hold your hands under a cold stream of water (caution: the stream must not be too hard, otherwise the water will cause dents!) or:
- Step 3: Set up a bowl of cold water and put your hands in it
- Step 4: After about two minutes take your hands out. The varnish gets a shock freeze and becomes solid within a very short time.
Tip 3: Freezer
Instead of putting your hands in ice water, you can also put them in the freezer for a short time. This has the same positive effect for the drying of the nail polish, but is not particularly energy-saving.
Some freezers start beeping if their door is open too long. This method should therefore only be used in exceptional cases. If you do use this method, be careful not to touch anything with your fingers or you could get frostbite.
Tip 4: UV light
You have a UV lamp in your house or you are thinking about getting one? Perfect! Because the UV lamp is the safest and fastest method to cure the color on the nails quickly.
- Step 1: Beautify the nails with a UV nail polish.
(Unfortunately, this method doesn’t work with other nail polishes because they don’t carry the polymers needed to cure under a UV lamp.)
- Step 2: Turn on the lamp and hold your hands under it.
- Step 3: After about two minutes you can enjoy a long-lasting and dry color result.
Tip 5: Drying sprays
- Step 1: Apply the desired varnish.
- Step 2: Spray the nails with the spray from a distance of about 20 centimeters.
- Step 3: Depending on the brand, it may be necessary to spray a second and third time.
Similar to hairspray, the products ensure that the color varnish immediately becomes firm and sticks. So you have dried fingernails in no time at all.
Tip 6: Overpaint
According to the same principle as drying sprays work over varnish. The sog. "Top Coats" can be bought in the drugstore. They promise to make the polish harden faster. Depending on the manufacturer this works better or worse. Try different brands and find out which one works best in combination with your color polish.
- Step 1: Apply the desired nail polish and wait briefly.
- Step 2: Then apply the top coat over it like a normal nail polish.
- Step 3: Wait a short time and your nail polish will be dry in a short time.
Tip 7: Drops
Like top coats, drops can be applied very quickly and easily to harden the nail polish. You can also buy them in the drugstore.
- Step 1: Apply nail polish and wait a short time.
- Step 2: Drop one or two drops at a time over the nail and wait for it to soak in.
Tip 8: Hair dryer
To get the Dry nail polish faster, many women try blowing. However, this trick is not very helpful. Because the moisture in the air you breathe does not accelerate drying – on the contrary!
Cold air makes nail polish harden
What helps, however, is the artificially swirled air from the hair dryer, because it is dry in contrast to blowing.
- Step 1: Paint the nails in the desired color.
- Step 2: Let the polish dry for about half a minute, otherwise ripples may form in the polish.
- Step 3: Set the hairdryer to the cold air setting and blow dry the nails with it.
- Step 4: Carefully hold two nails on top of each other and see if it makes a slight noise or if they still stick together. If they still stick, you should blow dry them again cold.
See some of our tips for quick dry nails in the video. Note, however, that in the video it is advised to hold the nails in front of the hairdryer while it blows out warm air. We prefer to use cold air – unlike in the video.
Last tip: The right preparatory work
That was not enough tips? Then we have here a very important for you: So that the varnish dries faster, the preparation is also important.
Before you apply your favorite color on the nails, you should be sure that the Nails grease free are. If they do not, the paint takes longer to harden later on.
Who wants to be sure, should the nails after the manicure and before applying the varnish Wash and dry well. The nails are one hundred percent free of grease when you dab them with nail polish remover and let it soak in. evaporates.
How long must nail polish cure?
It can not be said across the board, how long nail polish needs to harden, because very much depends on the particular beauty product. With commercial varnishes one must remove the first color layer about five minutes Let it harden before you can use your hands again normally.
The more layers, the longer the drying time
The second layer of paint then already needs about ten to fifteen minutes to harden and a third layer will only sit firmly on the nails after at least half an hour. Keeping quiet for that long, for all your love of beautiful paint, can take quite a bit of time.
If you wear your varnish in several layers, it is therefore advisable to follow our tips or to use special varnishes Quick-Dry products to set, i.e. lacquers that dry particularly quickly. These are usually already completely dry after about 60 seconds.
How to test if nail polish is dry?
The safest of all tricks to find out, whether the nail polish is dry or not, is as follows: Gently tap the nail of one finger against one of the other hand. If there is a very soft clacking sound, the polish is dry.
If, instead, you have the feeling that the nails are sticking together, you have to wait a little longer and hold your fingers still for. This test can of course be tried with any finger. Have fun trying it out!