Child benefit in education& studies

Child benefit – a welcome state support for parents and children. Child benefit is usually paid until the age of 18. The allowance is paid until the child’s 25th birthday. Under certain conditions, the allowance is even paid until the child’s 25th birthday. Birthday. How it changes with Child benefit in education and Study you can read in this article.

Short& just under

  • You will receive child benefit for each minor child
  • For trainees and students you get child benefit also up to 25. Birthday
  • Monthly you will receive at least 219 euros

All information in the video

Basic information about child benefit

Children cost money. And a lot more. Since they do not yet earn their own money or only a little, the state helps here. Monthly pays an obolus in the form of child benefit. This is paid out to parents by the family cash office on application. Whether they then keep it or pass it on to the child does not matter. When you can receive the benefit, read our article on child benefit.

You can apply for child benefit online on the homepage of the Federal Employment Agency:

Do not wait too long to apply. According to the latest regulations, child benefit is only paid for a period of 6 months before the application is made. It used to be a whole 4 years! If you do not submit your application in time, you may miss out on the right to the retroactive child benefit payment.

Child benefit for apprentices and students

Child benefit is paid to the parents for each child under 18 years of age. And it doesn’t matter what they are doing: whether they are still at school, in training, working or unemployed – every child is supported.

Child benefit: Trainees& Students up to the age of 25. Year of life

You can claim the benefit up to the age of 25. receive child benefit after the age of. Because who educates itself, can earn mostly additionally not still money. On 25. Birthday is however final end. However, there is one exception: If the child is unable to support himself or herself due to a disability, the child benefit will still be paid after that time. Provided that the disability is before the age of 25. Birthday entered.

Tax software test seal 2021

How much child benefit is available during training?

The child benefit will be monthly paid. The family cash office pays this on application to the parents – and usually these pass this on to their child. The amount depends on how many children they have. It is increased slightly every year.

from 2020from 2021
For the first and second child 204 euros 219 euros
For the third child 210 Euro 225 euros
For each additional child 235 euros 250 euros

Corona child bonus also for trainees and students. In the fall of 2020 as well as in the spring of 2021, there was a little extra: child bonuses in the amount of 300 euros and 150 euros. Paid resp. they are taken into account for each child for whom the family is entitled to child allowance. Thus, children in training and studying children are also favored.

Child benefit only during the first education?

In principle, there is child benefit while the child is in education – but only for the first education. For the second education, payment is subject to certain conditions. And here’s where it gets tricky: because the tax office itself doesn’t really know what constitutes initial and what constitutes secondary education. It is not uncommon for cases to end up in court.

The first study definitely counts as initial training – and is therefore supported with child benefit. Even the master’s degree is still part of the first degree – and is therefore eligible for child benefit. Provided that it is directly attached to the bachelor’s degree and builds on it in terms of content. Even a course of study that builds directly on a previously completed course of training is part of initial training.

For a Initial education may well consist of several parts. It is important that the individual parts are coordinated with each other in terms of time and content in the case of such a multi-track initial education. With the first degree, the education must be continued. The career goal is only reached with the completion of the further training stage.

The situation is different if you want to deduct the costs of an apprenticeship or a course of study from your taxes. In this case, the master’s degree is considered a second degree. Read more about this here: Deduct study costs.

However, if the child has already completed an apprenticeship or a course of study and starts a further course of study? Then this is a second course of study.

Part-time job, internship and dual studies – what applies?

As long as your child is in his or her first training or study program, he or she can work part-time. You always get child benefit. It becomes critical only from the second training. Because then your child is allowed to study in addition to his or her training or studies Work no more than 20 hours per week. The annual average is decisive for this. How much the child actually earns, on the other hand, is irrelevant.

Example of a part-time job& Child benefit:

Stefanie is studying for a second degree. During the semester break, work full-time in the company in a 40-hour week. After that, she continues her studies without additional income. The income during the semester break is irrelevant for the receipt of the child benefit, as it is far below 20 hours per week on an annual average.

Only enrollment does not count. Enrolled in the university but never present? This is not enough for child benefit. Because if there is a suspicion, the state can even request performance records in addition to the enrollment certificate! And then it looks bad for the late riser.

Does the 20-hour limit also apply to internships??

The 20-hour limit does not apply to employment and internships during studies. Provided that the internship is necessary to successfully complete the studies.

It is also important for the child benefit that the internship is in connection with the professional training or education. the study stands. Such as a compulsory internship or if it is recommended as an entry requirement or supplement. Then there is always child benefit. If there is no connection to the training or studies, the hours of work are again relevant.

Is there child benefit in dual studies?

But even if the child is already earning his or her own money during studies, the state benefit is still available – for example, in the case of a dual study program. Until a few years ago, there was a complicated income imputation here. Fortunately, this is no longer the case and the child’s income during the studies does not matter.

Is there child benefit between school and studies?

Child benefit is also available for adults between two periods of education. Whether it is between graduation and the start of studies, between studies and an internship or training and the start of studies. The only important thing here is that the transition period is a maximum of 4 full months. Even during a voluntary social or ecological year, there is an entitlement to child benefit.

Example child benefit between school and studies:

Stefan has his high school diploma at the end of June in the bag. His studies begin at the end of October. The transition period is exactly 4 months – and does not exceed this period. Stefan thus receives child benefit during the transitional period.

Cancellation of studies: and now?

Jitters before the exam? And risk dropping out of studies by failing to attend? Better not. Because the state is tough as nails here. As soon as the student shines in the last possible exam attempt by absence, it means: Goodbye child benefit. And from the moment of the non-appearance. On the time of the later compulsory matriculation it does not depend then.

No entitlement to child benefit during doctoral studies

Doctoral candidates usually work as research assistants at the university of the doctoral supervisor – full-time, of course. In this case, you are not entitled to child benefit during the doctoral period. For the study is already completed.

Child benefit without training and study place?

If an adult child does not find a training place or does not receive a place at university, the child benefit will continue to flow under the following conditions:

  • The child has reached the 25. Child has not yet reached the age of 18.
  • The child is making serious efforts to find a training place.
  • the child really does have the qualifications for the education he or she is aiming for.

What evidence is required:

In order to secure child benefits, you should provide the following evidence to the family benefits office:

  • Your child should be registered with the employment agency as seeking an apprenticeship.
  • Your child should be able to provide evidence of at least 5 to 10 applications per month to prove his or her desire for education.
  • You should keep letters of refusal as proof.
  • Regular training courses are also recommended in order to prove the will to train.

If it can be proven that a study place was deliberately waived, the family fund can retroactively demand back the child benefit already paid out.

You can read more information about child benefit, child allowance and applying for child benefit here: Child benefit.

Do I enter the child benefit in the tax return??

Yes, all information about the child is to be entered in the child annex. There you also indicate how much child benefit you have received. Child benefit is completely tax-free. However, the tax office needs this information for the so-called favorable examination. The system automatically compares which is more favorable for you: child benefit or child allowance.

Do your tax return with WISO Steuer? At Enter data> Children Enter all data concerning the child. WISO Steuer will then insert the information for you in the correct line of your tax return. This information is also used to carry out the favorable test. This makes saving taxes with children even easier.

Like this post? Please share to your friends:
Leave a Reply

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: