Building a height-adjustable table yourself is not difficult and can save you a lot of money. In addition, a height-adjustable table brings benefits for your health, because you can adjust it optimally to your height.
For links on this page the dealer pays if necessary. a commission, z.B. for those marked with or green underlining. More info.
Build height-adjustable table yourself: Here’s how to do it
With the right materials and a bit of craftsmanship, you can easily build your own height-adjustable table. To do this, proceed as follows:
- First, get a height-adjustable table frame and a tabletop to fit it. If price is an important factor for you, go for a frame with a crank handle. Electric models are much more expensive.
- ÜAlso, consider whether your table should have legs or casters. With most frames you can assemble both.
- Assemble the table frame as indicated by the manufacturer in the instructions. Then all you have to do is screw on the matching table top.
- Usually a purchased table top has pre-drilled holes, so you only need to screw it to the frame. If these are not available, the assembly must be done yourself. A small drill is recommended for this.
Convert an old table
To get a height-adjustable table, you do not have to build it completely yourself. You can also convert a table that you already have. There are the following options for this:
- First, you can replace the existing table legs with height-adjustable legs. To be able to attach them well, it is best to choose legs made of wood.
- Simply unscrew the old table legs from the table top. Drill a small hole in the new table legs and screw your screws directly into it.
- If you want it to be even easier, you can buy a height-adjustable desk attachment. This is simply placed on the table and can be adjusted in height.
Video tip: Better keyboards for your desk
In the next article you will get tips on how to set up your workstation.