How you can download YouTube videos – legally
Is the YouTube download actually punishable? We’ll answer this question and show you which tools you can use to get videos easily.
is a legitimate question. On the net you can find at least some tools
While streaming services like Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music or Napster have become the number one place to go for music fans, YouTube is still considered the ultimate when it comes to music videos. However, one question may arise: I would like to watch the videos offline, but is the YouTube download legal? The numerous tools available on the Internet for this purpose, most of which are even offered free of charge, at least suggest that I- unlike movie streaming on sites like kinox.to or movie2k.to- do not move in a punishable area.
Am I allowed to download YouTube videos?
There is a clear answer to this question: YouTube downloads are legal. While illegal sites knowingly upload content illegally, YouTube actively combats copyright infringement. Therefore it is allowed to make private copies of them.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- It can happen that a video is not from the creator himself- such as a musician or label- but is uploaded by another person who does not own the rights to the corresponding video or piece of music. However, it is assumed by legal sites in this case that you as a user can assume that YouTube deletes illegal content, so that the blame for the copyright infringement in this case lies with YouTube.
- The private copy, which is created by the download, may not be distributed in turn commercially.
- In the general terms and conditions (GTC) it is stated that YouTube videos may not be downloaded. If you are logged in to YouTube as a user, you violate the terms and conditions. If you download a video without being logged in, you have not agreed to the terms and conditions and are again on the safe side.
- As a downloader, you benefit from the fact that hardly anyone will be found to prosecute infringements in this gray area: Where there’s no plaintiff, there’s no judge. For YouTube as a free portal no financial damage arises from the downloads.
- For the same reasons, it is allowed to embed YouTube videos on your own private pages as you like.
This could also be interesting:
What tools can I use to download YouTube videos??
Various software solutions can be found on the Internet for legal YouTube downloads, but also for downloads from other video portals. Some of them you do not even have to install on your computer, but can use them directly in the browser.
- Probably the most popular tool to download YouTube videos is the Free YouTube Download by DVDVideoSoft (go to website). The company also offers the Free YouTube to MP3 Converter, which is especially useful for pulling music without videos from YouTube.
- In addition, there are also browser apps, which do not even require software to be installed on your own computer. Here Clip Converter (to the homepage) is one of the most popular and best services. In addition to the download function, the output format can also be freely selected via Clip Converter, as with the Free YouTube to MP3 Converter.
- Both tools are free of charge and free of advertising.
The use of YouTube content on your own website is harmless and also the YouTube download is legal. Both cases are legally secured, because YouTube offers only legal content, where copyright is not violated. If a copyright infringement does occur, then the blame legally lies with YouTube and not with the user, who must assume that all YouTube content is legal. So it’s no wonder that there are countless tools for downloading YouTube videos- some of them even as a browser app.