The demand for booster vaccinations ("boosters") against Covid-19 is enormous. Recently, long queues had formed at the city’s vaccination vans, the capacity at the health office had also not been sufficient.
Vaccination at the Cologne Lanxess Arena
Since Tuesday, 23. November, there will be a drive-in vaccination station at the Lanxess Arena. The city does not choose the term vaccination center, because the capacity is smaller than at the former vaccination center in the Kolnmesse and also other conditions apply.
– Monday to Sunday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m
– Vaccination by appointment only
– Vaccinate only under the conditions of the health department (the official information about this can be found here on the pages of the city)
– Vaccination for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.
– Time of the second vaccination must be at least five months ago.
Appointments are allocated via the city’s online registration process. Appointments are available on Sunday, 21. November, 12 o’clock started for all. Previously, registration was only available to people who were on a city waiting list for a vaccination appointment.
Willy-Brandt-Platz 3, 50679 Cologne, access via Justinianstrabe and then the west ramp
3200 vaccinations per day are now possible – 1200 for car drivers and 2000 for cyclists and pedestrians.
Vaccinating through mobile vaccination teams
Mobile vaccination campaign: in November, there were long lines in front of the district town hall.
The number of mobile vaccination teams, according to the crisis team’s indication of the 19. November will be increased. The City of Cologne lists the currently known mobile vaccination appointments here, or you can find them in this list:
Mobile vaccination appointments, as of 31. January 2022
|Venloer Strabe 419-421, 50825 Cologne – at the Ehrenfeld citizens’ office||2. February 2022||11 to 15 o’clock|
|Aachener Strabe 220, 50931 Cologne – in the Lindenthal district town hall||3. February 2022||12 to 16 o’clock|
|Friedrich-Ebert-Ufer 64-70, 51143 Cologne – At the Porz Citizens’ Office||7. February 2022||12 to 16 o’clock|
|Wiener Platz 2a, 51065 Cologne – In the district town hall Mulheim – VHS hall on the first floor||8. February 2022||1 to 5 p.m|
|Pariser Platz 1, 50765 Cologne – In the Chorweiler Civic Center||9. February 2022||12 to 16 o’clock|
– Vaccinations take place WITHOUT an appointment. This may result in longer waiting times.
– Vaccination is done under the conditions of the health department (you can find the official information here on the pages of the city).
– Vaccination card (if available) and an identification document must be brought along. Minors need from 12-15 years in any case the consent of a guardian, from 16 years the doctor can vaccinate without parental consent
– Vaccinations will be given exclusively without an appointment being made. First come, first served vaccination.
– You can find the addresses in the table above.
– At previous busy mobile vaccination outreaches, more than 400 doses have been injected per outreach.
Vaccination at the family doctor in Cologne
The Cologne general practitioners do not offer all vaccinations, but a lot of them. Currently, however, many practices feel overloaded, so there may also be long delays in making appointments. We last reported how busy primary care physicians are here.
– Vaccination times and dates depend on the practice in question. They give individual appointments or also invite people to collective appointments without prior appointment. There is no overview of practices that offer such collective vaccinations
– Most doctors vaccinate according to the recommendations of the Standing Commission on Vaccination (Stiko). It recommends in the meantime booster vaccinations for all adults starting from 18 years. Read the relevant communication from the Stiko here
– As a rule, the booster vaccination ("booster") should take place six months after the completion of the last vaccine administration. However, shorter periods are also possible according to this, "if there is sufficient capacity".
– Either you can contact your family doctor by phone or you can also check the homepages of the practices for possible collective appointments without making an appointment.
– The vaccinations are usually carried out in the surgeries. But there are also family doctors who offer collective vaccinations, for example, in tents.
Vaccinate in the health department
The health department is also vaccinating in its building at Neumarkt 15-21. This is best done by appointment. However, the appointments up to and including Christmas were last already taken, so the capacity of the vaccination center there will also be expanded.
– Monday to Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m
– Thursday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m
– Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m
– Cologne Health Department, Neumarkt 15-21, 50667 Cologne, Germany
– Vaccinations take place with or without appointments. There may be longer wait times without an appointment. Last weeks all online dates were already taken.
– Vaccination is carried out under the conditions of the public health department (the official information about this can be found here on the pages of the city).
– Appointments can be made online via the portal, which can also be used to book appointments at the Lanxess Arena. A registration is also possible by telephone under 0152 / 54547011 – however only during the opening times of the vaccination office in the health department.
The head of the Cologne health department would like to be able to vaccinate one percent of the already doubly vaccinated Cologne residents per day. At 800.000 double vaccinated, this would be 8.000. It would be best if "10.000 people a day" could be vaccinated, he had told the radio station Deutschlandfunk. Urban capacity to grow to 6000 vaccinations per day. (red)