Some Windows 11 and Windows 10 users report the problem where they get a dialog box with the message Fix fatal error – coordinator returned -1 immediately after booting Windows. This error has hindered most PC users, but research has shown that affected users have Zoom installed on their computer. In this post, we offer the most appropriate solutions to fix this problem.
Coordinator returned for serious errors 1
If you click on the Fatal error – coordinator returned -1 error on your Windows 11/10 PC, you can try our recommended solutions listed below in any order and see if it helps fix the problem on your system.
- Running the troubleshooter for Windows Store apps
- Disable launch.bat start item
- Uninstall and reinstall Zoom
- Perform System Restore
Let’s take a look at the description of the process required for each of the listed solutions.
Before trying the following solutions, check for updates and install all available bits on your Windows 11/10 device and check if the error reoccurs when you restart your system.
1]Run troubleshooter for Windows Store apps
As indicated, the Serious error – coordinator returned 1 error that occurred on your Windows 11/10 PC is a Zoom error, and since Zoom is a Windows Store app, you can start troubleshooting by running the Windows Store apps troubleshooter and see if that helps.
Do the following to run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter on your Windows 11 device:
- Press Windows key + I to open the settings app.
- Navigate to System >Troubleshooting >Other troubleshooting.
- Under the Other Section, find Windows Store apps.
- Click Run Key.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and apply all recommended corrections.
Follow these steps to run the Windows Store app troubleshooter on your Windows 10 PC:
- Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Go to Update and security.
- Press the Troubleshooting Tab.
- Scroll down and click on Windows Store apps.
- Press the Perform the troubleshooting Key.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and apply all recommended fixes.
2]Launch.disable bat start element
It is also known that this error in the view on your system due to a bat file called . Appearance Launch.bat a startup file of the Zoom application in Startup in Task Manager. In this case, deactivating the launch element launch.possibly fix the error.
Proceed as follows to open the start element Launch.Asked to disable on your Windows 11/10 PC:
- Open the task manager.
- In the Task Manager, click on the Start-up Tab.
- Locate and right click on start.bat File.
- Click Disable in the context menu.
- Restart PC.
If the problem is not fixed, try the next solution.
3]Uninstall and reinstall Zoom
This solution simply requires that you uninstall and reinstall the Zoom Windows Store app and see if that helps fix the problem at hand. Otherwise, try the next solution.
4]Perform System Restore
If you’ve noticed that the error is recent, it’s entirely possible that the problem was fostered by a recent change to your system. Since you have no idea what changes may have affected Zoom app functionality, you can use System Restore (all changes such as app installation, user settings and anything else made after the restore point will be lost) to return to a date where you are sure the app is working properly.
Follow these steps to perform System Restore on your Windows 11/10 computer:
- Press Windows key + R to call the execute dialog.
- In the Execute dialog box, enter rstrui and press Enter to open the system recovery wizard.
- In the System Restore window, click Next to go to the next window.
- On the next screen, select the check box for the option View more restore points.
- Now select a restore point that has an older date than the one where you first noticed the error.
- Click Next to go to the next menu.
- Click Exit and confirm at the last prompt.
At the next system start your older computer status will be forced.
Related post: The application could not be launched correctly on Windows computers
What does it mean when you get a fatal error?
When a fatal error occurs on your Windows PC, it simply means a condition that halts processing due to faulty hardware, program errors, read errors or other anomalies. If a serious error occurs on your device, you generally cannot restore it because the operating system has detected a condition that cannot be fixed.
How to fix a fatal error?
If a fatal error has occurred on your system, you can try one of the following suggestions, depending on the variant of the fatal error (look for the error code to find specific instructions):
- Update the software.
- Update drivers.
- Uninstall all recently installed programs.
- Restore Windows to a previous state.
- Disable unnecessary background programs.
- Delete temporary files.
- Free up space on the hard disk.
What is a serious error in AutoCAD?
When a serious error occurs in AutoCAD, it can have several causes. Usually this often indicates a corrupted drawing, program corruption, an improperly configured browser, or a problem with the system configuration.
What is a serious error during installation?
The fatal error during installation usually occurs when you are already trying to install an application that is already installed on your Windows 11/10 PC, or the folder you are trying to install to is encrypted, or the SYSTEM does not have sufficient permissions on the drive /folder.