Friendship sayings should be valued by each of us, because through friendship sayings you can say a lot with few words.
Not all of us always have the right words and sometimes we just forget that we could make our best friends happy with a nice and personal message.
And it’s in a situation like this, when you realize that you have true friends for life, that you want to show them.
The easiest way to do this is with friendship sayings, because they can also be different from each other.
There are different types of friendship sayings that you can use to express true friendship.
You can write down the sayings and send them in the form of a letter or as it is done in modern times via WhatsApp.
Friendship is like a growing plant. You have to take care of her so she can blossom.
You must always consider your best friends, because good friends are rarely found in life.
Real friends are always there for us, and not only in the good times.
Through a true friendship, a strong bond can develop between two or more people. (It doesn’t always have to go along the lines of having only one best friend, there can be more than one.)
In the spirit of true friendship, we have collected the most beautiful friendship sayings for you, with which you can surprise your best friends. You can also combine the sayings with imaginative questions so that you can also connect with your BFF on a deeper level.
We didn’t focus on just one grouping, but we mix love, fun, Cohesion, trust and give you the best of friendship sayings that you can always have at hand.
Beautiful sayingsabout true friendship
• True friends always help you up when you are just down. And if they do not help you up, then they lie down with you for a while and listen well.
• Friends are angels who help us get back on our feet when we forget how to fly.
• No matter how low you sink, I may not be able to pull you all the way up, but I will do everything I can not to let you fall.
• Good times show us who likes us, hard times show us who is our best friend.
• Friends are more important than spouses- and most of the time they are more reliable and above all faithful.
• You can do anything or nothing with your best friends and still have a great time.
• Old friends always remain a part of our lives, that’s what distinguishes true friends.
• Even if we are miles away, in my heart you are always close to me.
• The real job of a friend is to stand by you when you are in the wrong. Everybody is on your side when you are in the right.-Mark Twain
• As long as you’re part of my life I’ll be happy!
• Friendship is a door between two people. It may creak sometimes, it may jam, but it’s never closed.-Balthasar Gracian y Morales
• Best friends are hard to find, because the very best is already mine!
• I like you not for who you are, but for who I am when I’m with you.
• I don’t have to go to the sea. With you by my side I can look at a bucket of water and feel good too.
• Good friends are like diamonds. Precious, rare and unique.
• Friends are people who accept your past, like you in the present, and stand by you in the future.
• Friendship doesn’t have to be perfect. Only real.
• The best friends know your most sensitive spots…and cover them with balm.
• Even when I say I’m fine, you realize that’s not true.
• Best friends know how crazy you are, but still go out in public with you.
• Friends are like stars, there’s an insane number of them, but none shines out like you do!
• When life gives me a hundred reasons to cry, you make sure I have a thousand reasons to smile.
• There are friendships that are decided in heaven and consummated on earth. Ours is surely such a one.
• Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
• With you by my side I know I, that I am never really alone. You are like the rock in the surf, on which I can save myself again and again.
• It’s not the daily contact that makes a friendship, but the certainty that you can rely on each other. No matter when& like.
• Every moment can be the most beautiful, you just have to know who to share it with.
• There are friends in life and there are friends for life.
• A true friend is one who will drop everything when you need him.
• Friendships are like good bridges that carry us with all their brimming strength over the dizzying heights and frightening depths of life.
• With many people only my mouth smiles. With you my heart smiles.
• Friendship warms the soul when the sun is hiding again.
• Good friends are usually recognized when life gets tough.
• A friend is not the one who wipes your tears, but the one who doesn’t let them fall.
• Many people come into your life, but only a few special ones leave their mark on your heart.
• Friends are like stars, you can’t always see them, but you know they’re always there for you.
• There’s no better therapy than talking things out with your best friend.
• The older we get, the smaller our wish lists become, because the things we really want can’t be bought.
• Friendships start with encounters.. Somehow Somewhere Someday.. And you have no idea that this can become one of the most important people in your life.
• Listening to music you once loved is like meeting an old friend again after a long time.
• Friendship can’t be owned, you have to win it over and over again.
• A good friend never lets you do stupid things alone!
• You and I. We may not always agree, but we’re still a strong team!
• The best friends are the ones who contact you even when they don’t need anything from you.
• And sometimes you are infinitely grateful for having met a certain person and having him in your life. That person is you!
• The friends you forget to breathe with laughter. These are the best!
• I like friendships that feel good on the inside, not just beautiful on the outside.
• Friends are people who don’t show you the way, but simply walk it with you.
• Friends are like shoes, when you’re young you can’t have enough and later you realize that they’re always the same ones you feel comfortable with.
• We are like two pieces of a puzzle: so different, yet we fit together perfectly.
• Great love cannot exist without true friendship.
• Once love asked friendship: "Why do you exist, if I exist??” Friendship replied: "To put a smile where you leave a tear.
• Take time for your friends, otherwise time will take your friends away from you one day.
• Some people don’t know how important it is to have them around, how good it is to see them, how comforting their laughter is, how beneficial their
• Closeness is how much poorer we would be without them, and that they are a gift from heaven.
• The most beautiful thing a man can leave behind is a smile on the face of those who think of him.
• Whoever stands in front of you is really behind you.
• When you’re sad, you’re worried? Shall I lend you my smile? Use it well, it brings you luck and if you don’t need it anymore give it back to me someday.
• Even after a long time I laugh at the same things with my best friend.
• A true friend listens to your bullshit, tells you it’s bullshit, and listens to more of your bullshit afterwards. Just like that.
• Friendship should never be taken for granted, for true friendship is almost as rare as great love.
• Give a kiss to a good friend. You give your heart to the best.
• It’s called friendship because with friends you can do anything together!
• Because I tell you far too seldom: You are unbelievable, unique, really great and unbelievably wonderful. Thank you for being there!
• Happiness is having people who do you good. Who forgive your mistakes. Understanding your dreams. Share their smile with you and always stand by you when you need them.
• I’m glad there are people like you!
• People who can make you smile even though you don’t feel like laughing are the ones who make life more beautiful.
• A friend is the one who sees your smile, and yet senses that your soul is weeping.
• Friendship is a matter of the heart, based on trust and affection, a bond between two souls that neither time nor space can separate.
• Friendship means to always be there for each other and to share everything with each other- whether dreams, thoughts, moments of happiness or sorrows. There is no more precious gift in the world.
• Life without love is lonely. Life without hope is cruel. Life without trust is empty. – But a life without friends is no life at all.
Friendship sayings of famous poets
• Really good friends are people who know us very well and still stand by us. – Marie von Ebner Eschenbach
• Every friend is another’s sun; he draws and he follows.-Jean Paul
• So this is not friendship, that when one does not want to hear the truth, the other is ready to lie. – Cicero
• „Friend in need" does not mean much, some would like to prove helpful. But those who enviously grant you happiness, you may truly call friends. – Paul von Heyse
• You can recognize a sure friend in an uncertain matter.-Cicero
• From kinship you can remove goodwill, not from friendship. – Cicero
• Friendship flows from many sources, purest from respect.-Daniel Defoe
• Friendship, that is a soul in two bodies.– Aristotle
• True friendship is a very slow growing plant. – George Washington
• Only those who can make friends are well off in life! -Jole von Weibenberg
• There should be a friend of a friend’s weaknesses bear. – William Shakespeare
• A flatterer is a friend who is inferior to you or pretends to be.- Aristotle
• Two friends must be alike in their hearts, in everything else they can be completely different. – Sully Prudhomme
• True friendship starts nowhere, but never ends either. – Frank von Schillerberg-Gosheim
• A little friendship is worth more to me than the admiration of the whole world. – Otto von Bismarck
• Without friends we cannot lead a perfect life. – Dante Alighieri
• A quarrel between true friends, true lovers means nothing at all. Dangerous are only the quarrels between people who do not fully understand each other.- Marie von Ebner Eschenbach
• Be courteous to all, but friendly with a few; and let those few prove themselves before you put your trust in them.- George Washington
• Facebook helps us to stay in touch with people we know in real life. That’s all. Those who believe that every Facebook contact is a- A friend is someone who knows not what friendship means.- Mark Zuckerberg
• Friendship lasts longest when sealed with a mutual promise to always tell each other the truth. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
• The proud seal of friendship is worn by many who flee faithlessly in the exam hour. – Friedrich Schiller
• I love the friend who keeps faith in temptations. For if there were no temptation, there would be no fidelity, and then I would have no friend. – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
• The best way to have a friend is to be one yourself.- Ralph Waldo Emerson
• A true friendship usually lasts longer than the greatest love.-Frank von Schillerberg-Gosheim
• A true friend contributes more to our happiness than a thousand enemies to our misfortune.- Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
• It is not the lack of love, but the lack of friendship that makes the most unhappy marriages. – Friedrich Nietzsche
• The artist can wish for nothing better than rough friends and polite enemies. – Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
• Never allow yourself to meet someone who is not happier after meeting you.- Mother Teresa
• There is no better remedy in sorrow than a noble friend’s encouragement.- Euripides
• Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can read.- Mark Twain
• You can handle sorrow alone, but to rejoice with all your heart, you must share the joy.- Mark Twain
• Thinking in your own way is not selfish. Who does not think in his own way, does not think at all.- Oscar Wilde
Funny sayings about friendship
Not everything in life has to be serious, so it is also with friendship.
It is precisely the exuberance and liveliness of friendship that makes it so special.
With these funny sayings you can express your love in a special way.
• If you insult my best friend, I can make your death look like an accident.
• Friends are like aspirin: We don’t know exactly why they have a healing effect, but they do.
• You know one person who always finds it great to misbehave in public: me.
• Friends to the grave? Agreed. But now please help me out before someone else sees us.
• Your closest friends know all your sayings. Hence always the loud groaning as soon as you open your mouth.
• If you really want to apply as my BF, I still need a resume, references and a sedcard from you.
• You can’t buy friends. Come on, I’ll buy you a drink.
• My parents didn’t quite like you. They wereconvinced that you would lead me astray. I don’t know what they have against scouts.
• Friendships are like beer bottles. If you drop them, they break. With every sip they become more beautiful.
• There’s only one problem more difficult than making friends: getting rid of them.– Mark Twain
• We are not friends. I am your bodyguard and I am paid by you. In return, you have nothing more to fear from my malicious and dark self.
• True friendship needs no glasses. A real mate doesn’t care anyway how ugly you look again!
• Friendships last as long as you’re honest with each other. And as long as we don’t overdo it with honesty.
• My mother kept telling me that my friends were a bad influence on me. What she did not know: I was the bad influence.
• Who does not know this, with good friends: You walk towards each other and have to start grinning 30 meters before you get there.
• A true friend is like a bra: hard to find, supportive, comfortable, uplifting and close to your heart.
• Some acquaintances are comets staggering through your life. Make a quick wish before they sober up again!
• A real friend does not have to ask why you are crying. He just wants to know who to spank.
• With thin companions you can go through thick without any problems, but with fat ones through thin is difficult.
• Friends come to you in jail and tell you what you did wrong. True friends sit next to you and say: "Shit, we fucked up. Was still pretty cool!
• I’m doing really well, me and my homies from the hood. If we have our way, we’ll hang around here for the rest of our lives and… relax.
• Our friendship shall never waver, until we go to the old people’s home together.
• Already in the schoolyard we pretended to be cool together, and even today we turn every club into a cesspool of sin.
• Your comrades help you back to your feet when you fall down. Your best friend photographs it so you’ll never forget it.
• Your true friends are always behind you. So they can always kick your butt or put funny stickers on your back.
• Even the closest friends do not have to do everything together. And now make please close the bathroom door!
• When you meet the right people, it’s only a matter of time before good friendship develops from it.
Friendship sayings in English
Every world language tries hard to celebrate friendship. So it is with the English language.
For you we have selected the most beautiful English friendship sayings, with which you can express your love to your friends also in English.
But always remember, the language of love is universal!
• Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend’s success.-Oscar Wilde
• Friendship is the marriage of souls.-Voltaire
• What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.-Aristotle
• Misfortune shows those who are not really friends.– Aristotle
• A friend to all is a friend to none.-Aristotle
• A friendship founded on business is better than a business founded on friendship.-John Davison Rockefeller
• All for one, one for all, that is our device.-Alexandre Dumas
• A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.- William Shakespeare
• Friends are born, not made.-Henry Adams
• My best friend is the man who in wishing me well wishes it for my sake.-Aristotle
• Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.– Socrates
• Friendship always benefits; love sometimes injures.-Lucius Annaeus Seneca
• An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.-Buddha
• A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself.
• Friends are the siblings God never gave us.-Mengzi
• If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn’t jump with them. I’d be at the bottom to catch them. My friends are my estate.-Emily Dickinson
• Friendship is like money, easier made than kept.-Samuel Butler
• There is no hope of joy except in human relations.-Antoine de Sainte-Exupery
• The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him, his own.-Benjamin Disraeili
• Best friends never have the same characteristics. They just have the best understanding of their differences.
• The only way to have a friend is to be one.-Ralph Waldo Emerson
• A true friend is the greatest of all blessings, and that which we take the least care of all to acquire.-Francois de la Rochefoucauldi
• Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.-Euripides
• Never explain- your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.-Elbert Hubbard
• My friend come near and hear me speak, with you at my side, bad feelings become weak.
• There is nothing I wouldn’t do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it’s not my nature.-Jane Austen
• The better part of one’s life consists of his friendships.-Abraham Lincoln
What is friendship at all? Can you define them? For me friendship is the big sister of love.
One cannot function without the other. First you have to feel the love to let someone into your life this way.
Friendship is something special and each of us should explore it and also enjoy it to the fullest.
Friendship is the good thing about being human. Friendship needs care,
Attention and care, only then can it blossom in full glory.